Baisakhi is one of the most popular and important festivals celebrated in the state of Punjab and various other parts of India. It is an annual harvest festival that marks the beginning of the Sikh New Year. This year, Baisakhi falls on April 13, Tuesday.
Since Baisakhi falls in the middle of the month of April, Baisakhi marks the harvest time of the rabi crops. On Baisakhi, Gurdwaras are decorated and hold kirtans, Sikhs visit and bathe in lakes or rivers before visiting local Gurdwaras, community fairs and Nagar kirtan processions are held, and people gather to socialize and share festive foods.
The tradition of the Baisakhi festival in its religious importance began in the year 1699 when the 10th Guru of the Sikhs, Guru Gobind Singh, laid the foundation of the Panth Khalsa — the order of the Pure Ones and baptized Sikh warriors to defend religious freedoms. This is the reason why this day is also known as the Khalsa Sirjana Divas.
Will resign only if people of Bengal ask me to, says Amit Shah on Cooch Behar killings
IPL 2021: Kolkata become 3rd team to win 100 matches after 10-run win over Hyderabad
Maharashtra yet to take decision on lockdown amid Covid surge, 63,294 fresh cases on Sunday
– Guru Randhawa:This Baisakhi, I wish we all get the strength to fight this virus on a daily basis
– What impact did the Sikh Gurus have on the empires of Sikh kings?
– Baisakhi 2021: History, significance, wishes for WhatsApp and Facebook status
– Happy Baisakhi 2021: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Messages, Status, and Photos
– Baisakhi 2021: Date, History, Significance And Celebrations
– Happy Baisakhi 2021: Wishes, Messages, Quotes, Images, Facebook & Whatsapp status
– Baisakhi 2021: Date, history, significance of Vaisakhi; why it is celebrated?
– Baisakhi 2021: Check date, time and significance
– Baisakhi 2021: Significance, date, wishes, greetings, WhatsApp status
– Baisakhi 2021: All you need to know about the history, significance and importance of Vaisakhi