The chief ministers of Tamil Nadu, Madhya Pradesh and Jharkhand — E K Palaniswami, Shivraj Singh Chouhan and Hemant Soren respectively — met Union Home Minister Amit Shah here on Monday, officials said.
During the meeting, the chief ministers discussed various issues concerning their respective states with Shah, a home ministry official said.
The Assembly election is due in Tamil Nadu in the next few months and Shah had recently visited the southern state. Palaniswami has been heading the All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) government in Tamil Nadu.
Jharkhand has been facing Maoist insurgency and the Centre has been offering help to the state in tackling the menace.
Chouhan, a senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader, became the chief minister of Madhya Pradesh for the fourth time in March 2020. In November, the BJP won 19 of the 28 Assembly constituencies that went to bypolls in the state, securing a comfortable majority in the House.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
Advances in emerging technologies like Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning can help us understand our cities better and derive useful insights from real-time data collected through automated models….
Pakistan on Monday approved the Chinese Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine for emergency use, a government statement said. The Drug Regulatory Authority Pakistan DRAP said the vaccine, manufactured by China National Pharmaceutical Group SinoPharm, …
Guatemalan security forces on Monday cleared a road of hundreds of people in a mostly Honduran migrant caravan that had camped out overnight when authorities barred it from advancing toward the United States. The government said the road in…
Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte won a crucial confidence vote in the Chamber of Deputies on Monday, hanging on to power after a junior partner quit his coalition last week and opened a political crisis amid the raging COVID-19 pandemi…
Pope Francis is honouring civil rights leader Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. on the commemoration of his birthday, saying his message of equality through peaceful means remains more timely than ever.Francis sent a message of prayer Monday to Ki…
– Western TN no longer AIADMK citadel, says Stalin
– Stalin accuses AIADMK govt of putting on hold projects brought during DMK rule
– Mamata, Vijayan may retain power; Stalin likely to dethrone AIADMK in Assembly elections 2021: Opinion poll
– CMs of Tamil Nadu, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand meet Shah
– ABP-CVoter Opinion Poll: DMK to Win With 162 Seats, AIADMK-BJP 64
– Mamata ahead in Bengal, DMK set for comeback in TN
– TN Polls: Stalin accuses AIADMK govt of putting on hold projects brought during DMK rule
– Tamil Nadu CM E Palaniswami to meet Union Home Minister Amit Shah ahead of Tamil Nadu polls.
– Tamil Nadu CM Edappadi K Palaniswami spending taxpayers' money for self-promotion, says MK Stalin
– ABP-CVoter Opinion Poll Tamil Nadu Election: Will DMK Steal The Show Or AIADMK Three-Peat?