– Gus Poyet believes things would have gone better for Hazard at Real Madrid if he joined the club immediately Ronaldo left
– Poyet, a former Chelsea manager, says Hazard “suddenly looked older” when he became a Los Blanco
Former Real Zaragoza and Chelsea boss Gus Poyet expressed his disappointment at the fact that the Belgian did not join Real Madrid in the summer of 2018, when Cristiano Ronaldo left.
Hazard has struggled to settle a Real Madrid, nearly two years since joining the Spanish giants. Photo by David S. BustamanteSource: Getty Images
Ronaldo left Los Blancos as the club’s all-time goal scorer three years ago to join Italian giants Juventus but Hazard stayed one more year at Chelsea before completing a famous €100 million switch in 2019.
Hazard ‘s move to Spain has since been plagued by injuries and inconsistencies, and the 30-year old has constantly been accused of failing to look after himself.
According to Poyet, the Belgian should have directly replaced Cristiano immediately the Portuguese forward moved to Juventus.
He is currently recuperating from a muscle injury and is expected to be back sometime in March.
One of Hazard’s former team mates, Filipe Luis, also had some disheartening things to say about him in a recent interview.
Luis, who played with Hazard briefly, says the Belgian seems to have lost ambition but believes he still has the talents to get him back to being the world’s best.
Meanwhile, Real Madrid are on their way to losing their La Liga title unless they can make up for lost points to catch up with rivals Atletico Madrid.
They lie second on the log, three points behind their City rivals having played a game more.
Zidane will however have to endure the next few weeks without a number of his key stars, including Hazard, who are out with injuries.
Do you have a groundbreaking story you would like us to publish? Please reach us through [email protected] or WhatsApp: 0732482690. Contact Tuko.co.ke instantly
Rene Otinga is a TUKO.co.ke journalist with over five years experience in the digital media space and holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism from the Multimedia University of Kenya. An ardent fan of Manchester United, Otinga is a Sports Editor at TUKO.co.ke and his writing mainly revolves around the world of football and lifestyle in the sporting world. He is inspired by the need to inform and entertain through compelling stories.
– Eden Hazard: Chelsea legend says Belgian should have joined Real Madrid immediately Cristiano left
– 'He would play Mario Kart before matches' – Ex-Chelsea defender reveals stunning Eden Hazard detail
– The six stages of a Jose Mourinho managerial meltdown
– Eden Hazard's former Chelsea teammate says he 'lacks ambition' to be world's best player
– Former Chelsea man reveals Eden Hazard's uniquely relaxed pre-match preparation at Stamford Bridge
– “Five minutes before games he'd be playing Mario Kart”: Eden Hazard's Shocking Lack Of Ambition Comes To Light
– Chelsea captain César Azpilicueta reflects on Eden Hazard's struggles since Real Madrid switch
– Chelsea ready to make surprise transfer offer to bring back former star
– Poyet: When Hazard arrived in Madrid, he suddenly looked older
– Hazard lacks the ambition to be world best – Felipe Luis