Assessing the Sophomore WRs
Covering the impact of coronavirus on the sports world
The Utah Jazz will be returning home after a two-game road trip. They will take on the Charlotte Hornets at 9 p.m. ET on Monday at Vivint Smart Home Arena after having had a few days off. The Jazz are out to keep their 13-game home win streak alive.
It was close but no cigar for Utah as they fell 116-112 to the Los Angeles Clippers this past Friday. The contest was as close as the oddsmakers predicted, but Utah had been the slight favorite coming in. Despite the defeat, they got a solid performance out of shooting guard Donovan Mitchell, who had 35 points and five assists.
Speaking of close games: this past Saturday Charlotte sidestepped the Golden State Warriors for a 102-100 victory. It was another big night for Charlotte’s shooting guard Terry Rozier, who shot 8-for-11 from downtown and finished with 36 points. Rozier’s night made it four games in a row in which he has scored at least 33 points.
This next matchup looks promising for Utah, who are favored by a full 12.5 points. They have been consistent moneymakers against the spread when favored (20-7-1), so they might be worth a quick bet.
Charlotte’s win lifted them to 14-15 while Utah’s loss dropped them down to 24-6. We’ll see if the Hornets can repeat their recent success or if the Jazz bounce back and reverse their fortune.
The Jazz are a big 12.5-point favorite against the Hornets, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 12.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
CBS Sports is a registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc. Commissioner.com is a registered trademark of CBS Interactive Inc.
– How to watch Jazz vs. Hornets: Live stream, TV channel, start time for Monday's NBA game
– Gordon Hayward rounding into All-Star form at new home in Charlotte
– Hornets vs Jazz Picks: Can Charlotte Keep Up?
– NBA odds: Hornets vs. Blazers prediction, odds, pick, and more
– Jazz make NBA history with 500th 3-pointer of the season
– Jazz Vs. Hornets: Game Night
– Jazz are looking like a historically dangerous team
– Charlotte Hornets at Utah Jazz odds, picks and prediction
– Hornets vs Jazz Odds, Spread, Line, Over/Under, Prediction & Betting Insights for NBA Game
– Advanced computer model locks in picks for Jazz vs. Hornets, Feb. 22 2021