KL Rahul may have ended the last season of the Indian Premier League as the highest run-getter of the tournament, he still has an unaccomplished task of winning the maiden title for Punjab Kings. The franchise continues to put their trust in the Karnataka batsman as they will enter the tournament with a new name and jersey but an unchanged captain.
Rahul has been in a spectacular form ever since he moved to Punjab from his home team Royal Challengers Bangalore in 2018. The same year, he recorded the fastest IPL fifty off 14 balls against Delhi Capitals.
This was just the start as he ended the 2018 season as the third-highest run-getter with 659 runs, at an average of 54.91 and a strike rate of 158.41 with 6 fifties. The following year, he scored 593 runs (at an average of 53.90) to finish as the second-highest run-scorer of IPL 2019.
Let’s have a look at all the milestones that he may reach during the upcoming season
– IPL 2021: Full list of records and milestones Punjab Kings captain KL Rahul can achieve this season
– IPL: Punjab were a bit unlucky last year, hope fortune changes this season, says KL Rahul
– IPL 2021: Name change will bring good fortune, says Punjab Kings captain Rahul
– IPL 2021, Punjab Kings – Team Preview: Can KL Rahul and Co. revive the 'rebranded' franchise?
– KL Rahul looking forward to Riley Meredith's 'proper pace' in IPL 2021
– IPL 2021: Ten uncapped players to watch out for this season
– 'No one believed RCB would let him go' – Punjab Kings CEO shares story of captain KL Rahul
– IPL 2021: Punjab Kings players list, full schedule, squad, more
– Videos, memes, BTS: How the war of content in IPL is heating up to keep at-home, online fans engaged
– IPL 2021: Will Try to Help KL Rahul to Make Punjab Kings Better, Says Moises Henriques