Warriors guard Stephen Curry will return for Tuesday night’s game against the New York Knicks at Madison Square Garden, as will centers James Wiseman and Kevon Looney.
Curry, who missed Saturday night’s loss to the Charlotte Hornets because he was not feeling well, was a full participant during Monday’s practice in New York. That was the first absence for Curry during a season in which he’s playing at an MVP level. In 34.1 minutes per game, he is averaging 29.9 points on 48.6% shooting (42.3% from 3-point range), 6.2 assists, 5.4 rebounds and 1.2 steals.
Getting Wiseman and Looney back is a major boost for the Warriors, who have been playing without a single player taller than 6-foot-7 for the last 10 games. Golden State is 5-5 in that span.
Wiseman will play for the first time since spraining his left wrist in a loss to the Pistons on Jan. 30, and Looney will return from a sprained left ankle that sidelined him since Feb. 2.
Looney will start at center alongside Curry, Kelly Oubre Jr., Andrew Wiggins and Draymond Green, head coach Steve Kerr said Tuesday evening.
In 21 minutes per game, Wiseman, 19, is averaging 12.2 points on 50.3% shooting, 6.1 rebounds, 0.7 assists and 1.3 blocks. Looney, 25, is averaging 3.7 points, 4.1 rebounds and 1.8 assists in 14.7 minutes per game.
How Warriors’ Juan Toscano-Anderson has become a ‘mini Draymond Green’
Warriors trade winds: Cuban denies Mavs offered Porzingis to Golden State
Kurtenbach: Draymond Green’s apology highlights a potential Warriors problem
Draymond Green apologizes for being ‘dead-ass wrong’ for ejection vs. Hornets
Warriors could go from zero healthy centers to two Tuesday night vs. Knicks
– Warriors' Steph Curry, James Wiseman and Kevon Looney to return vs. Knicks
– Injury Report: Steph Curry (illness), James Wiseman (wrist), Kevon Looney (ankle) set to return vs. Knicks on Tuesday
– Warriors at Knicks: Live stream, lineups, broadcast info, rookie watch, previous result, start time on Feb. 23
– Ex-Warriors draft pick Jacob Evans joins Santa Cruz in G League bubble
– Steph Curry, James Wiseman and Kevon Looney all will suit up and play vs. the New York Knicks.
– Dubs Daily: The Starting Five
– Mavericks Reach Out to Warriors Regarding Porzingis Deal: Report
– Stephen Curry, James Wiseman and Kevon Looney all returning for Warriors for Knicks matchup
– Warriors rookie James Wiseman will return to play Tuesday vs. Knicks
– What if the Knicks drafted Stephen Curry?