Covering the impact of coronavirus on the sports world
The Golden State Warriors have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with the Charlotte Hornets and are hoping to record their first win since March 31 of 2019. They will face off against one another at 10 p.m. ET on Friday at Chase Center. Gamethese two teams experienced a bit of a scare in their previous gamethese two teams experienced a bit of a scare in their previous but managed to pull out a pair of wins.
Golden State came out on top in a nail-biter against the Indiana Pacers on Wednesday, sneaking past 111-107. The Dubs relied on the efforts of power forward Draymond Green, who almost posted a triple-double on 12 points, 11 dimes, and nine rebounds, and point guard Stephen Curry, who had 24 points and eight assists along with eight boards.
Speaking of close games: on Wednesday Charlotte sidestepped the Phoenix Suns for a 124-121 victory. The Hornets’ success was spearheaded by the efforts of shooting guard Malik Monk, who shot 5-for-10 from beyond the arc and finished with 29 points, and point guard LaMelo Ball, who had 20 points and eight assists.
The Warriors are the favorite in this one, with an expected 6.5-point margin of victory. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread as they are currently on a two-game streak of ATS wins.
It was close but no cigar for Golden State as they fell 102-100 to Charlotte in the teams’ previous meeting earlier this month. Maybe Golden State will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the contest and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
The Warriors are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Hornets, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Warriors as a 6-point favorite.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
CBS Sports is a registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc. Commissioner.com is a registered trademark of CBS Interactive Inc.
– Warriors vs. Hornets: How to watch NBA online, TV channel, live stream info, game time
– Why Bill Simmons calls Warriors' Steph Curry doubters 'idiots' in 2021
– Charlotte Hornets at Golden State Warriors game thread
– Warriors vs Hornets LIVE in NBA: Starting 5 announced as the game is set to tip-off, Check out
– Hornets vs. Warriors odds, spread, line: 2021 NBA picks, Feb. 26 predictions from proven computer model
– Charlotte Hornets at Golden State Warriors odds, picks and prediction
– 'Scrubs.' Why that word ticks off Miles Bridges and his Charlotte Hornets teammates
– or better or worse, James Wiseman and LaMelo will be linked together for the duration of their NBA careers.
– Charlotte Hornets NBA schedule release: 2 tough road trips
– Jonathan Kuminga's rise could lead to Warriors' ideal draft scenario