Wipro on Wednesday posted a strong set of numbers for the October-December quarter. The company’s revenues during the period stood at Rs 15,670 crore while net profit was at Rs 2,970 crore.
Operating margin expanded sequentially by 243 bps to 21.7%, a significant growth in the last 22 quarters. The company surpassed all market estimations and gave a revenue guidance of 1.5%-3.5% for the January-March quarter.
Wipro CEO and MD Thierry Delaporte said: “Optimisation of operations and sub-contracting has really worked for us. We have also closed a $700-million five-year deal with Metro AG, extendable to four more years with a scope of touching a billion dollars, during this quarter.”
“We have also secured a multi-million dollar, multi-year deal with a leading US-based mortgage lender,” he added.
The management also announced an interim dividend of Rs 1 per equity share with the record date of January 25. The company has also closed a Rs 9,500-share buyback on January 11.
Wipro has seen growth across all geographies, with US driving the most with 57.6% contribution to the revenue. Five out of the seven business sectors have grown sequentially by over 4% for the company, which has further added to the strong numbers. “Our operating cash flows grew 45% y-o-y with a significant improvement in outstanding receivables,” Wipro CFO Jatin Dalal said.
Digital now contributes to over 46% of the company’s revenue, which includes cloud, data analytics, AI and digital platforms. BFSI continues to be a large contributing business segment with 30.5% of the revenue. With new energy, telecom, media and manufacturing deals in the pipeline, the company has given a revenue estimate of $2.1-2.15 billion for Q4FY21.
Recently, Wipro extended work from home for its employees till April 2021, with over 98% of the employees continuing to work remotely. The management has maintained employee utilisation 86% with no furloughs. Localised hiring and remote workforce will continue to be the trend for the company till the end of fiscal 2021.
Get live Stock Prices from BSE, NSE, US Market and latest NAV, portfolio of Mutual Funds, Check out latest IPO News, Best Performing IPOs, calculate your tax by Income Tax Calculator, know market’s Top Gainers, Top Losers & Best Equity Funds. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Financial Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest Biz news and updates.
– Wipro reports strong numbers in December quarter
– We are pretty good at adapting to the evolving US visa regulations: Thierry Delaporte
– Large deal momentum demonstrates strength and capabilities of Wipro: CFO Jatin Dalal
– [Exclusive] 'Want to perform while we transform': Wipro CEO Thierry Delaporte
– Wipro has clocked in its highest margin in over five years
– How focus, discipline and a new CEO are helping Wipro
– Wipro's transition to new model complete; European growth to slow in Q4, says CEO
– Wipro revenue grows 1.3% to $2.1 bn in Dec quarter
– Wipro Ltd (WIT) CEO Thierry Delaporte on Q3 2021 Results – Earnings Call Transcript