Posted: 16:02 GMT, Jan.. November 2020 | Updated: 16:02 GMT, Jan.. November 2020
Arsenal transfer target Dominik Szoboszlai is expected to leave Red Bull Salzburg in January, according to the sports director of the Austrian club, Christoph Freund.
Szoboszlai has established himself as one of the hottest prospects in Europe after six goals and nine assists in 14 games for his club this season.
As a result, Freund believes joining a « big club » is the next step for the midfielder, who has a £ 23m release clause, and claims that by taking such a step he will be « one of the most interesting players will be in Europe « . ‘
Freund believes that a transfer to one of Europe’s elite teams in January will allow him to realize his potential and improve his performance with every game. However, he admitted that Salzburg would miss him.
He said to Bild: “Of course you want the player at the club as long as possible.
‘On the other hand, it is also healthy if he takes the next step at the next point in time.
‘Let’s see what happens in winter, but there is a high chance he will move to a big club.
Freund says it is the next step in becoming one of the most interesting players in Europe.
‘This is definitely a next step in development so that he can use this potential and performance in every game.
‘I am convinced that he can become one of the most interesting midfielders in Europe in the next few years. ‘
Arsenal are one of a multitude of clubs fighting for the 20-year-old’s signature and must assert themselves against competition from Tottenham, AC Milan and RB Leipzig.
Szoboszlai is considered a versatile and intelligent attacking midfielder who resembles Manchester City star Kevin De Bruyne.
Should Szoboszlai join the club in north London, he will have the opportunity to face De Bruyne in the Premier League.
When talking about the next step in his career, Szoboszlai showed that money is an incentive and that he is focused on gambling.
Szoboszlai emphasized his intention to play alongside some of his childhood idols Cristiano Ronaldo, Toni Kroos and Neymar in the future.
The 20-year-old believes he would work well with Neymar and says: “I think I could get along well with him on the pitch. ‘
Share what you think
No comments have been made so far. Why don’t you be the first to send us your thoughts?
or discuss this topic live on our message boards.
We will automatically post your comment and a link to the message on your Facebook timeline as it is posted on MailOnline. To do this, we link your MailOnline account to your Facebook account. We ask you to confirm this for your first post on Facebook.
FC Bayern Munich, UEFA Champions League, FC Red Bull Salzburg, Bundesliga, Hans-Dieter Flick, Robert Lewandowski
EbeneMagazine – AU – Dominik Szoboszlai is likely to move to a major club in the January’
. . Related title :
– Red Bull Salzburg boss admits that the young Dominik Szoboszlai will likely move to a big club in January, with Arsenal, & # 39; . . .
– The Bayern-Munich line-up that should start against Salzburg
– Bayern vs RB Salzburg live stream, forecast, team news, Champions League live
– UEFA Champions League 2020-21 Bayern Munich vs. RB Salzburg LIVE Streaming: When and where to watch online? . . .
– Injury update: Lucas Hernandez may be ready for the champions -League duel against Red Bull Salzburg
– >> Bayern Munich only a few defenders with the last 16 berths
– Contract problems and injuries that worry Bayern coach Flick
– Thomas Müller is concentrating on Bayern Munich, not on recalling Germany
– Enock Mwepu in Germany for UCL … Patson Daka is out with an injury
– Predicted Bayern Munich XI v RB Salzburg line-up for the Champions League duel