EbeneNews – CA – Red alert: private gatherings banned as bars, home catering nearby in three regions of Quebec

0
10

Amy luft
Supervising Producer, Digital Content CTV News Montreal

@amyluft
Contact

Daniel J Rowe
CTV News Montreal Digital Journalist

@ DanielJRowe42
Contact

MONTREAL –
Three zones in Quebec will all fall under Quebec’s COVID-19 alert zone The measures will be in effect from midnight Wednesday evening

Quebec Premier François Legault made the announcement Monday evening at a press conference, calling the situation “ critical ” and saying the time has come to make tough decisions

The greater Montreal region (including Laval and the South Shore), the Quebec City region and Chaudière-Appalaches are all affected
“The general rule is that we have to stay at home,” he said “We are giving ourselves four weeks with these measures to see if we can stop the second wave I really hope we do, but I can’t and won’t will not make false promises “

Under the red alert, visitors to private residences are now banned, with the exception of caregivers and contractors for work already planned People who live alone may also see another person who lives alone, for example couples who do not live not together, added the Minister of Health, Christian Dube
Cinemas, libraries, concert halls, restaurant halls, bars, taverns, casinos are all closed Take-out meals are available for restaurants

Private gatherings are prohibited and public gatherings have a ceiling of 25 people It is also not recommended to leave red zones

“We strongly recommend people not to travel between regions,” Legault said, adding that police may patrol or establish roadblocks in the future.
“If we don’t want our hospitals to be overwhelmed, if we want to limit the number of deaths, we must act now,” he said.
Businesses can stay open, including personal care, Legault said

Sports venues, including hockey arenas, will also remain open, a press secretary confirmed to CTV News

For the multitude of people who ask me: the hockey arenas remain open in the red zones There is no change to the sports venues I have just confirmed it with François Legault’s press secretary Photo @CTVMontrealTwittercom / q6dJmJYA4c

Quebec’s Minister of Education has said it will not affect schools – schools in Quebec will remain widely open regardless of the severity of the next wave of the pandemic, Jean-François Roberge said earlier this month – this
“I want things to be as normal as possible in schools,” said Legault, adding that this includes sports and other activities.
Legault said the province’s public safety minister is considering how to apply masks at outdoor gatherings, including protests

Sunday marked the biggest daily increase in COVID-19 cases since May 6, when 1,036 were reported and 750 new cases were reported on Monday

The total number of positive COVID-19 cases in Quebec since the start of the pandemic is now 72,651, and 5,826 people have died from the disease

The total number of hospitalizations is now 212 and 37 people are in intensive care

Complete COVID-19 coverage in Quebec

See current wait times at COVID-19 test sites in Quebec

LIST: Quebec reports 1,163 cases of COVID-19 in 489 schools

Map of COVID-19 alert levels by region

See map: Monitoring of COVID-19 cases across Montreal

See the map: Monitoring of COVID-19 cases across Quebec

Tracking all cases of COVID-19 in Canada

Coronavirus, Quebec, Montreal, Quebec, Canada

EbeneNews – CA – Red alert: private gatherings banned as bars, home catering nearby in three regions of Quebec


SOURCE: https://www.w24news.com

Partners:

Abonnez-vous à notre chaîne Youtube en cliquant ici

Vidéo du jour: De la cocaïne retrouvée dans une école maternelle de Seine Saint Denis, deux enfants hospitalisés

Laisser un commentaire, votre avis compte!