More than half of the sums have already been blocked or recovered, according to the Ministry of Labor, who says that more than 50 000 checks have been carried out.
The Ministry of Labor has announced, Thursday 17 September, that the course of 50 000 checks on applications for partial unemployment had been passed, with an identified total of 225 million euros of fraud. More than half of the sums have already been blocked or recovered and 440 criminal proceedings have been initiated.
“The amount of fraud may appear significant but, With regard to 30 billion mobilized, it’s not much”, comments the Ministry of Labor. This represents, At this stage, Less of 1% of the total budget dedicated to partial activity in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic.
In a report released on Monday, the National Assembly's Commission of Inquiry into Social Fraud, for its part, considered that the partial activity scheme “appears to be vulnerable to fraud” and judged that the controls should be “amplifiÃ©s”.
“All of this is believed to be massive at the national level”, says Simon Picou, CGT union representative of the labor inspectorate. “We open a case full of bills and we say : 'Serve yourself'”, he illustrates, Deploring in particular the lack of supporting documents requested from companies.
In case of fraud, penalties are up to two years imprisonment and 30 000 euros fine. Regarding administrative sanctions, the texts provide for the reimbursement of aid and the exclusion of the benefit of aid until 5 years.
World news – coronavirus : the government has identified 225 million euros of partial unemployment fraud