Reporting on the impact of the coronavirus on the sports world
The 2020-21 college basketball season is finally here – better late than never, better uncertain than nonexistent. Needless to say, it’s going to be a bumpy ride. Needless to say, it’s been a bumpy ride.
The head coaches at three of the schools ranked in the top 12 of the CBS Sports Preseason Top 25 and 1 – Scott Drew at No.. 2 Baylor, Tom Izzo at No.. 11 Michigan State and Rick Barnes in No.. 12 Tennessee – recently tested positive for COVID-19. As a result, Baylor had to cancel games. And Tennessee had to cancel games. So some of the early marquee matchups we’ve been looking forward to for weeks are no longer planned. And yes, that’s a shame.
Obviously there won’t be as many as usual. But there will still be games – probably almost every day for the next four months. In keeping with tradition and because it’s my job, I’ll update the top 25 and 1 every morning of this season until we have a staple for the 2021 NCAA tournament. And if you’ve been watching this off-season, you already know Gonzaga did things at No.. 1 will begin. 1.
I would have felt like typing this sentence before Tuesday’s news that former Florida starter Andrew Nembhard had received a waiver from the NCAA to play for Mark Few this season. But now the Zags are even more loaded. And I can’t wait to see them get tested for the first time on Thursday when they play Kansas in Fort Myers, Florida.
Fancy More College Hoops Analysis? Listen below and subscribe to the Eye on College Basketball podcast where we take you beyond the hardwood with inside information and instant responses.
We bring important sports news to your inbox so you can stay updated and make a profit.
CBS Sports is a registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc. . Commissioner. com is a registered trademark of CBS Interactive Inc. .
Gonzaga Bulldogs Men’s Basketball, College Basketball, Florida Gators Men’s Basketball, Kansas Jayhawks Men’s Basketball, National Collegiate Athletic Association
LevelMagazine – CA – College Basketball Ranking: Gonzaga starts the season as No.. 1 in the top 25 and 1 in high grade
. . Associated title :
– <a href = "/? s = College basketball ranking: Gonzaga starts the season as No.. 1 in Top 25 and 1 in High Note College Basketball Ranking: Gonzaga starts the season as No.. 1 in the top 25 and 1 at its peak
– With frequent signature wins, Gonzaga continues to play college basketball & # 39; s & # 39; blue bloods& # 39;
– Who will win the national championship? College basketball experts predict
– COLLEGE BASKETBALL: Zags want to fight for the NCAA title
– GONZAGA NOTES: Zags& # 39; Nembhard can play immediately
– After an abrupt end to last season, the college basketball teams of the & region aim to create the unusual 2020-21 season . . .
– Gonzaga guard Andrew Nembhard& # 39; s waiver approved, kicks deep, talented on backcourt
– Canadian junior Andrew Nembhard completes transfer to senior Bulldogs
– Transfer Andrew Nembhard entitled to play basketball for Gonzaga men&
– Andrew Nembhard is qualifying for Gonzaga this season, # 1 team in America is getting better