Former Indian cricketer Gautam Gambhir believes the injury fiasco of opening batsman Rohit Sharma could have been better handled by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
Gambhir said the situation required clear communication between the Indian team’s head coach, Ravi Shastri, the selection chairman, Sunil Joshi and the Indian physiotherapist.
Rohit was rested after the last three games for Mumbai Indians in the IPL from the limited overs section of the Australian tour and will now also miss the first two tests.
Skipper Virat Kohli also mentioned that there was a lack of clarity about his injury and that it would have been better for him if he had flown to Australia with the rest of the team.
Rohit is now recovering at the National Cricket Academy in Bengaluru and the next evaluation will be on Nov.. December.
When speaking of the entire episode on the star sports show Cricket Connected, Gambhir said, « The Rohit Sharma situation could have been handled pretty easily as there wasn’t too many people involved. Only the head coach, the head coach and the chairman of the selectors should be involved in the injury case. Had there been clear communication with the 3, it would have been enough. Of course, Virat Kohli should be brought up to date with every step by Ravi Shastri. «
Former cricketer VVS Laxman was of the same opinion as the series takes place in the middle of a pandemic and has strict quarantine regulations, especially in Australia.
« Rohit Sharma is a very valuable player in friendly matches. So if I had kept him in the chain, subject to fitness, I would definitely have kept him in the picture. Second, you could have sent him to the team after that, taking into account the quarantine rules. Because there is a 14 day quarantine, in the soft quarantine since you were in the UAE in the bubble. Then move to another bubble [in Australia]. In the soft quarantine, you can practice, train with teammates and go to the gym.
« But when you take a commercial flight to Australia, you are not allowed to go out of your room and chat and interact with people. I think the BCCI should have thought about it in hindsight, ”Laxman said on the show.
Indian national cricket team, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, One Day International, Gautam Gambhir, test cricket, Mumbai Indians, Australian men’s cricket team, captain (cricket), Indian cricket control authority
EbeneMagazine – CA – Rohit’s injury situation required clear communication between coach, selectors and physio: Gambhir
. . Associated title :
– Rohit&’s injury situation required clear communication between coach, selectors and physio: Gambhir
– The Hitman: The Rohit Sharma Story | Review: An elegant batsman and a person
– We had no information on why Rohit Sharma is not on the road with us: Virat Kohli
– Rohit Sharma situation would have handled BCCI: Gautam Gambhir, VVS Laxman
– Rohit Sharma Situation could have been Easy to handle if their communication had been clear: Gautam Gambhir
– > Why does Rohit Sharma deserve the Indian T20I captain?
– & # 39; The Rohit Sharma situation could have been & # 39; ve been hand led Pretty Easily& # 39;: Gautam Gambhir
– Gautam Gambhir, VVS Laxman criticizes BCCI over Rohit Sharma& # 39; s Injury Fiasco
– BCCI connected Virat, Shastri with Rohit, Joshi after the breakout of the Indian captain & before 1. ODI
– In the second game of the series of 3 ODIs played against Australia, Shamarnak defeated the India& team . . .