Strictly Come Dancing viewers were enthusiastic about sharp heels for Johannes Radebe after an opening number in which he led a trio of male dancers in sequins.
As usual, the pro dancers performed the opening routine on Saturday night, but for the first time, three of the male dancers – Radebe, Gorka Marquez, and Giovanni Pernice – played in sequined outfits, makeup, and high heels with some of the other men in the group as part of a tribute to Priscilla Queen of the Desert for musical week.
It comes in the same series that the first same-sex couple, Nicola Adams and Katya Jones, started when pro dancer Jones developed COVID-19.
Serve the body, serve the face, serve sequins for days ✨ Our # Strictly Pros know exactly how to get it into the ballroom! image. Twitter. com / sbiPrF9kk1
I LOVE this dance for the amazing Priscilla Queen of the Desert. I’ve seen the film 110 times and the stage show too. #Strictly
Radebe also starred in the first series of the first same-sex routine when performing with colleague Graziano Di Prima.
If there is anything that could correct in 2020, it’s Gorka, Johannes and Giovanni in tow! Damn i love it! #Strictly
Johannes is the best thing that can have happened to #Strictly in ages! I couldn’t love him anymore!
The routine followed an emotional speech given by Andrew Lloyd Webber as he watched celebrity rehearsals at the Coliseum of London.
He said, “COVID has had a devastating impact on musicals, theaters, and all types of live entertainment, and our wonderful theaters that have been such sources of joy have been empty for months.
« We are here in the London Coliseum, it is home to the English National Opera, a fabulous, fabulous building that wants to be full of life. Neither of us can wait until the theaters are full again.
« I think Strictly is the perfect tonic for the country anytime, but I think Strictly Tribute to Musical Theater is exactly what we who have worked in this business for so long want, exactly what we want.
Host Claudia Winkleman added: “With so many theaters unfortunately closed at the moment, our couples will pay tribute to some of the world’s most popular musicals tonight. ”
Musicals featured included Little Shop of Horrors by Maisie Smith, Phantom of the Opera by Bill Bailey, and Everybody’s Talking About Jamie by Jamie Laing.
Comments are currently unavailable, but don’t worry! We’ll have a new online comment experience soon. Keep an eye out for updates on the Microsoft News Blog.
Strictly Come Dancing, Ranvir Singh, Giovanni Pernice, Oti Mabuse
EbeneMagazine – GB – « Strict » fans can’t get enough of Johannes Radebe in « Priscilla Queen of the Desert » Sequins and heels
. . Related title :
– & # 39; Strictly& # 39; Fans can’t get enough of Johannes Radebe in & # 39; Priscilla Queen of the Desert& # 39; Sequins and Heels
– >> Strictly Come Dancing 2020 LIVE: Fight for the final while HRVY steals the show and JJ Chalmers is at the bottom of the ranking
– Strictly Come Dancing 2020: Bill Bailey almost & # 39; flashed& # 39; while filming after losing so much weight
– Meet JJ Chalmers – Strictly Come Dancing 2020 Contestant and Invictus Game Medalist
– Strictly Come Dancing viewers praise professionals when they dance with drag »
– Strictly Come Dancing Odds – & # 39; Two Horse Race& # 39; with a neck and neck pair
– Fans are really happy as Gorka, Giovanni and Johannes During the spectacular start of Musicals Week in drag – > Strictly Leaderboard 2020: Who is at the top? the top of the Strictly Come Dancing leaderboard?
– Strictly Come Dancing: & # 39; The dance of the season & # 39; HRVY and Janette Manrara lead the ranking for a SECOND week . . .
– Ranvir Singh shares rare photo of son before strict performance